Family Fun Activities
Northern Neck Virginia
Family fun activities on the Northern Neck of Virginia abound.
For starters, you will find boating, fishing, kayaking, crabbing, bicycling, birding, hiking, Chesapeake Bay cruises, history museums and wineries…
And that’s just the beginning.
However, you’ll have to do a little work to find some of these activities, as the Northern Neck is quiet and rural. It’s country living at its best.
You will find that unique gift shops and antique shops or Virginia marinas and hiking trails won’t be clustered in the middle of town.
Consider your search to be an adventure…
Fishing is a popular activity for all ages on the Neck.
Northern Neck of Virginia
There are water activities and recreational activities and sightseeing activities for just about anyone on the Northern Neck.
Why not explore some of these fun activities while you are visiting the Northern Neck?
- Chesapeake Bay Boating - Boating is one of our most popular activities. Boating is the reason that many people spend so much of their free time here. In fact, our many waterways bring lots of boaters to the area. And, some of them decide to stay…
- Chesapeake Bay Crabbing - Both young and old alike enjoy an afternoon of crabbing--and the reward of a crab feast dinner...
- Virginia Marinas - The Northern Neck has quite a few marinas. Many of them are small, but they boast friendly, personal service. And you’ll get to know your boating neighbors…
Sailing and power boating are popular
recreational activities on the Northern Neck.
- Chesapeake Bay Cruises - Take a cruise to Tangier Island or Smith Island to step back in time or cruise the Rappahannock River, visit a winery and watch the bald eagles.
- Fishing in the Chesapeake Bay - Fishing is always one of our most popular Northern Neck sports. Whether you just like to throw out a line from your dock, or you enjoy the competition of a fishing tournament, you will find your kind of fishing on the Neck…
Family Fun Activities for All Ages
The Northern Neck provides fun for everyone—from 2 to 102. But it’s not commercial fun. It’s good, old fashioned, wholesome fun that everyone from Grandpa to the youngest grandchild can enjoy.
- Benefits of Bicycling - Go for a ride on your bike on a country road and you’ll get in some exercise, but you’ll also get to enjoy the pleasant scenery and the quiet setting…
There are great country roads on the Northern Neck
where you can ride your bike safely, enjoying family fun activities with your children or grandchildren.
Of course there are more Northern Neck family fun activities. But this should get you started. Plan your trip, based on the things that you like to do.
And make sure you have time to get them all in…
Family Fun Activities to Northern Neck Virginia