The Northern Neck Virginia
or Waterfront Retirement
The Northern Neck Virginia
, a largely undiscovered paradise, is one of the best places to live. You’ll find country living, affordable waterfront retirement and great vacation ideas for outdoor fun.
In fact, the Northern Neck VA is the favorite vacation spot for many families from the greater Washington, D.C. area, Fairfax County and northern Virginia, because of its laid back, relaxing lifestyle.
And, in addition, it is a favorite haunt for history buffs, with its many historical sites, dating back to colonial times.
The Northern Neck is one of 3 Tidewater Virginia peninsulas and is comprised of the land between the Potomac and Rappahannock rivers. As the northernmost peninsula (with a “neck” shape) on the Chesapeake Bay, the Northern Neck consists of Northumberland, Westmoreland, Lancaster, and Richmond counties.
An overview of the Northern Neck Virginia
Known for its huge amount of waterfront—rivers, creeks and the Chesapeake Bay—the Neck has many affordable waterfront vacation homes
and luxury homes for retirement.
Many people come to the Northern Neck
because of its peace and solitude.
Many retirees and empty nesters have come to the Northern Neck to live, after finding that Maryland waterfront homes were too expensive.
And crime, taxes and the cost of living remain low on the Neck.
Fishing is a popular outdoor activity on the Northern Neck
Our roads are uncrowded and scenic. Many of the back roads are part of the scenic byways system in Virginia. And you can ride a bicycle or jog in safety here.
Many Northern Neck roads are uncrowded and very scenic.
There is an interesting mix of people on the Neck. Some have lived here all their lives. Some spent childhood summers or vacations here. Some left the hectic life of Washington D.C. in search of a more relaxing lifestyle.
And still others have come from other states—New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut—seeking the peace and solitude of stepping back into time, on the Neck.
And, of course, our endless shorelines and numerous waterways play a large part in drawing people to our region.
Our waterways - rivers, creeks and the Chesapeake Bay
provide many recreational activities.
Whether you are looking for quiet country living, a great weekend getaway, outdoor activities, boating, fishing or exploring historical sites—the Northern Neck Virginia
has it all!Use this search tool to quickly find what you are looking for:
- Search This Site
- Search This Site
- Northern Neck of Virginia Blog
- Northern Neck of Virginia Blog
- Northern Neck VA | Northern Neck Virginia | Northern Neck Counties
- Northern Neck VA, just 2 hours from northern VA and Washington DC, is a favorite retreat for affordable vacations and quiet luxury retirement, with a low cost of living and affordable waterfront homes
- Northern Neck Virginia Waterfront Real Estate | Waterfront Properties
- Looking for Northern Neck Virginia waterfront real estate properties? You will find beautiful low cost waterfront homes in this central Virginia location.
- Living the Country Life | Peace and Quiet on the Northern Neck
- Is living the country life with waterfront retirement your dream? Peace and quiet and an affordable waterfront home or vacation home, await you on the Northern Neck of Virginia.
- Best Place to Retire in Virginia| Where to Retire | Cheapest Places to Retire
- The best place to retire in Virginia is the Northern Neck. One of the cheapest places to retire, it has affordable waterfront homes, low taxes, great fishing and boating and numerous fine restaurants…
- Luxury Custom Homes | Northern Neck Waterfront Homes | Affordable Vacation Homes
- Luxury custom homes, luxury waterfront homes and beautiful rustic homes are all possible and affordable on the Northern Neck Virginia. Many retirees find dream homes within their financial reach here.
- Timber Frame Home Design | Timber Frame Homes | Northern Neck Timber Framing
- Timber frame home design has become very popular for both vacation and year-round homes. Timber frame construction today remains similar to timberframe construction of several hundred years ago.
- Log Cabin Kit Homes | Log Homes | Log Cabins in Virginia
- Log cabin kit homes are really just log cabins or log homes. Instead of cutting down your own trees and fitting them together and chinking the seams, you now just order a kit, which contains kiln drie
- Top Ten Reasons to Retire Northern Neck VA | Where to Retire
- These top ten reasons to retire on the Northern Neck VA should whet your appetite for one of the best places to retire on the East Coast. Affordability and stress free living are just the beginning.
- Virginia Events on the Northern Neck | Activities and Events in Virginia
- Virginia events on the Northern Neck. Local activities and events in Virginia, including wine events, seafood festivals, oyster roasts and Chesapeake Bay events…
- Family Fun Activities on Northern Neck Virginia | Recreational Activities
- Family fun activities on the Northern Neck of Virginia abound. For starters, you will find boating, fishing, kayaking, crabbing, bicycling, birding, hiking, Chesapeake Bay cruises, history museums and
- Golf Courses in Virginia | Northern Neck Virginia Golf Courses
- Golf courses in Virginia are often open year-round. The Northern Neck of Virginia has a number of first class public golf courses that you can enjoy when you visit central Virginia.
- History of Virginia | History Museums in Virginia | Virginia Northern Neck Histo
- The history of Virginia goes back beyond colonial times. Virginia history and Chesapeake Bay history include native Americans, 3 presidents, General Robert E Lee, Chesapeake watermen and farmers and m
- Virginia Farmers Market | Shopping in Virginia for Fresh Produce
- Visit a Virginia farmers market. Northern Neck fresh produce markets have local fruits and vegetables and make shopping fun! During the summer you can go to a farmers market every Saturday.
- Virginia Birds | Backyard Birding on the Northern Neck of Virginia
- Virginia birds vary from backyard song birds to huge birds of prey. Backyard birding on the Northern Neck Virginia, you will see Virginia coast birds, bald eagles, ospreys and, of course the state bir
- Virginia Wildlife | Northern Neck VA Fish and Wildlife
- Virginia wildlife is abundant on the Northern Neck Virginia. You can watch or photograph wildlife, hunt or fish. We have many types of wild animals and sea creatures in our forests and waters…
- Northern Neck Social Groups | Local Virginia Groups and Clubs
- Northern Neck social groups are a great way to meet people who have interests like you. There are a number of popular clubs here for people with many different hobbies and interests.
- Chesapeake Bay Boating | Northern Neck, Virginia | Coastal Virginia Boating
- Chesapeake Bay boating on the Northern Neck, Virginia is popular for visitors and residents, alike. Even if you never boated before, you might just find yourself interested in coastal Virginia boating
- Northern Neck Recreational Fishing | Sport Fishing | Kayak Fishing
- Northern Neck recreational fishing draws people from all over the country for a week or so of sport fishing fun. And you can catch, literally, hundreds of kinds of fish here!
- Boat Launch Ramp Guide | Northern Neck VA Public Boat Ramps
- Northern Neck VA boat launch ramp access areas are scattered around the Neck, here and there. No matter where you live or stay, you are sure to be close to a public boat ramp.
- Northern Neck Virginia Marinas | Northumberland County Marinas
- There are lots of Northern Neck Virginia Marinas, where you can dock your boat and socialize with other boaters who enjoy VA Chesapeake Bay boating and fishing.
- Northern Neck Marinas | Westmoreland, Lancaster, Richmond Counties
- These Northern Neck marinas are located in Westmoreland, Lancaster and Richmond counties in Virginia. Each description includes the services available and the location, by boat or by car.
- Sell Items Online FREE | Northern Neck VA Online Flea Market
- Sell items online at the Northern Neck Virginia online flea market. Sell your unwanted or extra items easily by using this online garage sale.
- Northern Neck News | Family Vacation Ideas | Events and Festivals
- Sign up for our free Northern Neck Newsletter and get the latest news festivals and events and family vacation ideas on the Northern Neck...
- Northern Neck News & Events | Family Vacation Ideas | Events and Festivals
- Northern Neck News & Events can be hard to find in your local newspaper. If you, like me, want to keep up with the latest news about Northern Neck Virginia...
- Contact Us
- Contact Us at Northern Neck Virginia
- About Me | Northern Neck Virginia.com
- About Me page for the Northern Neck Virginia